It’s finally here. The day we have been waiting for the entire week, FRIDAY. For our friends (21 and older, of course!) who are looking to relax after a long day, this drink will be a great start to your sunny weekend.
The Gold Rush cocktail is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy; lemonade meets honey, and a splash of your favorite bourbon…Your tastebuds will strike it rich!
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Honey Syrup
- Cocktail shaker
- 2/3 cup honey (We recommend our Sweetclover Honey)
- 1/3 cup water
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey with the water at a simmer until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Cool Completely.
- TIP: Store the leftover Honey Syrup in a sealed container in your refrigerator, it will stay good for up to 5 days!
Making the cocktail:
- Once the Honey Syrup has completely cooled, add the bourbon, lemon juice, and Honey Syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously, then strain over ice into the glass.
- Garnish with lemon (if desired), then enjoy!
Send us pictures of the concoctions you made to firstname.lastname@example.org.We hope you enjoy this summertime cocktail, and as always, drink responsibly.