This week, we are bringing together a honeybee’s two favorite things: flowers and honey! Combined together, they help create a sweet and refreshing cocktail, the Honey Lavender Hard Lemonade! And what could be more fitting for your Friday night?
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Lavender Simple Syrup
Ingredients for Honey Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup lavender flowers
- 1 cup honey (we recommend our Wildflower Raw Honey)
How to make the Honey Lavender Simple Syrup:
- Bring water to boil in a small sauce pan, once water is boiling, add the lavender flowers and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, strain lavender flowers out and dispose.
- Pour the lavender infused water back into the sauce pan and add honey. Bring heat to medium and simmer until honey is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool completely before using.
How to make the Honey Lavender Hard Lemonade:
- Once the Honey Lavender Simple Syrup has cooled completely, add water, lemon juice, vodka and Honey Lavender Simple Syrup to a large punch bowl.
- Stir the mixture, add ice to your preference.
- Garnish with fresh edible flowers, serve and enjoy!
We want to see the yummy drinks our friends are making! Send us a selfie of you and a friend enjoying the Honey Lavender Honey Lemonade you made to email@example.com. We hope you’ll enjoy this drink as much as honeybees enjoys a good lavender bush.
As always friends, drink responsibly, and don’t forget to #GetYourBuzzOn.